AD
HomeNeighboursNeighbours axe protests mentioned live on Channel 5 as Boyzlife stars demand...

Neighbours axe protests mentioned live on Channel 5 as Boyzlife stars demand answers

Advertisements

Boyzone’s Keith Duffy and Westlife’s Brian McFadden used an interview to urge Channel 5 to save Neighbours, and the campaign against its cancellation was mentioned live on 5 News.

The Irish singers visited the studio Tuesday evening (February 15) to discuss their upcoming Boyzlife tour.

“To tell you the truth, we’re not actually here to talk about the music, we came in to find out what happened with Neighbours,” McFadden said. What exactly is going on?

“We’re here to protest on behalf of the Irish people who love Neighbours,” he continued, as host Claudia-Liza Vanderpuije tried to bring the conversation back on track.

“I told the Channel 5 boss to keep it quiet, and they completely ignored me,” she said.

“Natalie Imbruglia… Kylie Minogue… What will become of Australia’s future singers?” Duffy stepped in to make a point.

“You should be plugging your stuff, and you’re just like, ‘No, we don’t want to speak about that’?” “There must be a lot of enthusiasm here, because you should be plugging your business, and you’re just like, ‘No, we don’t want to talk about that’?” Vanderpuije continued.

“We’re going to have a conversation after this. As her guests chanted, “Bring back Neighbours!” she joked, “That’s enough – cut!””

Last month, Channel 5 announced that it would stop airing the show in August 2022, and when it became clear that production would likely finish if a new UK broadcaster could not be found, fans launched multiple social media campaigns to save the show.

In the wake of the show’s possible cancellation, many fans have been praising the cast and staff, as well as reminiscing on what Neighbours has meant to them over the years.

Several cast members, like Rob Mills, who played Finn Kelly on the drama until last year, have also spoken out over the decision. In an Instagram post, he expressed his “great sadness” at the possibility of the show’s cancellation this summer.

He stated, “It’s an institution.” “A live, breathing, creative machine that has employed tens of thousands of people over the course of its 37-year history of bringing Australian stories to life.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Must Read

error: Content is protected !!